[pianotech] correct spellings

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 16 12:55:46 MST 2010

correct" spelling? According to Bill Garlick, it was "Whippen" in 1975. I will stick with that.

    Is that a jack or a fly?  Repetition or Balancier? Wrestplank or pinblock?

How about "bridel" or "bridal" strap or tape?  What is a "pad"?  I read an ad on craigslist where the person stated that the piano had all new "pads."  Is this balance rail and front rail felt?  Here's one, jack "toe" or "tender"  I know if I stub my toe it feels tender. lol  How about Piano or Pianer? :-)  "sticker or "Abstract"  "Knee board" "bottom panel."  "music wire" "String."  Traveling "tape' or travel "papers"  I'm in good standing with my wife so I don't have to worry about that.   Here's where I'm not sure how to spellthis one, back post or "Staunchin?"  Grand or Glugel, not sur eof spelling.  Is it lyer or lier? Let's not get into politcs lol  The stretcher also has another term.

I've seen the term "wrench" used to refer to a tuning hammer as well as a "tuning lever."  also is it the repetition lever? or lever with the long ee sound?

Or finally if one is in a real jam, the word "thingy" might come to mind.  I hope you enjoyed my rant. I sure did. I feel much much better.  :-)
Marshall