[pianotech] Plastic key repair

Delwin D Fandrich del at fandrichpiano.com
Wed Nov 17 22:59:40 MST 2010

You may not have noticed the repairs on the Kimball grand keys in our shop,
Ryan. They were done with an acrylic concoction I picked up from a local
beauty supply store. It is supposed to be used for fingernail repairs, etc.
Except for a very minor color mismatch the stuff filled some fairly deep
gouges which are now almost invisible. These keys have a slightly matte
finish-I did not try to buff them to a high polish; don't know how that
would work.

ddf

Delwin D Fandrich

Piano Design & Fabrication