[pianotech] Fw: strings breaking/ Nordheimer

Carl Teplitski koko99 at shaw.ca
Wed Nov 17 23:00:44 MST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: Carl Teplitski
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2010 9:39 PM
Subject: strings breaking/ Nordheimer

Propective client called requesting info. re. replacing broken strings.
Piano purchased from local dealer,( 8years ) and when client complained about
broken strings, dealer replaced, and also replaced a second time. Has
now told the client that they are now on their own.  Apparently, the son
of the client is a big fellow, and client confesses that he playes quite hard.
He called me in the hopes that I would be able to solve the problem, by
replacing with different type strings, thinking that the Nordhiemer replacements
are breaking for the same reason the originals did.  I told client that I know the
dealer, and consider him an honorable fellow, and probably thinks that the
problem lies with the player.  Of course, I really don't know why the strings
break, and have not seen the piano yet.  Seeing it , doesn't mean I will have the
answer.    If I do get involved, I will send the broken samples to a supplier, and hope
we can get appropriate replacements.    Wondering how others handle a problem such as this.

Carl / Winnipeg