[pianotech] Liter box / piano

Roger@Integra.com rgable at integra.net
Thu Nov 18 17:46:59 MST 2010

Rick,
When I attended the Yamaha Red School house for training we were visited by
the casting engineer from the Yamaha factory. He was asked how much tension
could you apply to all the strings before the plate would break. He
responded with a puzzled look and said " All the strings would break before
the plate". His puzzlement stemmed from an engineers perspective of design
to that of the layman. No engineer would design a product that would fail
within the margins presented in your situation.
Roger Gable