[pianotech] re. Small vise grips for mass loading

johnparham at piano88.com johnparham at piano88.com
Fri Nov 26 07:54:23 MST 2010

Jim and List,

Thanks for verbalizing this technique.  I was exposed to it several
years ago and use it fairly frequently.  I have no idea how widespread
this idea is.  Without overstating the obvious, I wonder if it is worth
posting in TT&T (I'm always looking!)

More interestingly, I wonder if there are other simple, handy techniques
that other technicians use when collecting diagnostic information about
the soundboard variable?

Ideas?

Happy Thanksgiving to all,
John Parham, RPT