[pianotech] Steinway Model "40" Leg

Richard Lowman rlowman at cox.net
Fri Nov 26 18:07:49 MST 2010

Hello all,
I've been lurking for several months and enjoying the discussions, etc.  I am repairing a Steinway Model 40 that needs a front leg that is missing, plus other stuff. What is hanging me up is the castor and leg ferrule.  Is it possible to get one of these anywhere? Otherwise I have to use a bench ferrule and different castors and cups. I have looked at most catalogues and suspect that Steinway would not have these any longer. Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.