[pianotech] Service call invoice forms

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 27 14:20:15 MST 2010

I use an old Palm Treo that I have PocketBooks installed.  I print a receipt on a portable printer directly from the Treo.   PocketBooks downloads the info into Quickbooks, so I don't have to re-enter the info.  Kinda complicated, but if you want it digitized from the start, it works.  Palm platform is pretty much dead, so I'm not sure it will help you.  You asked...
In the past I used a large printing outfit NEBS to make receipt books for me.  I used a generic form.  They will put your name and logo, etc. on each sheet.  You can order duplicate or triplicate, whatever, and the price is very reasonable.  I did this for years.  Later I got one of those plastic boxes like you see in yardage stores where the receipt forms come in a long sheet.  You  write on them, then push a pencil in the hole and pull out the forms and tear them off.  You give one to the customer and put the other in the bottom of the box through a slot.  Dated method of doing things nowadays, but it worked.  I don't do a lot of rebuilding, so all I need is a place to make note of my work and the charges.  Nothing fancy.  Check out the NEBS website for details.
Good luck.
Paul McCloud