[pianotech] Service call invoice forms

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 21:04:38 MST 2010

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Michael Staples <mastaples at gmail.com>wrote:

Would anyone care to share what type of 2+ part paper invoice forms you use
> for service calls?

I currently use the PTG invoices for RPTs.  Works as well as the other ones
I've had done locally. Has the RPT logo, etc. I print out my name and
address on a sheet of labels, and affix those to the top of the customer's
copy.

>  Do you use an online vendor, local print shop or do you create your
> own forms?

In the past, I have used a local print shop with my own design. Have made 2
forms from a 8.5x11, and also have made 4 forms from an 8.5x11 (which was
too small).

> I'd love to avoid duplicate data entry (on the form onsite, then into the
> computer later) but the advantage of leaving the client a paper copy of the
> invoice (or quote for future work) seems to trump other methods.  Your
> method other than paper?

At one time, I carried a laptop and portable bluetooth printer to enter that
data and print an invoice on site. It was nice to get all the data entered
into the database right then and there. However, that's a lot of weight to
be lugging around!  I still have the printer if you want to buy it ...
cheap. :)

If I had time, I'd like to figure out how to make an iPad work for database
entry. Maybe a couple years from now it will be able to run Filemaker or a
scaled down version of it.  The idea of email billing also sounds
intriguing.

--
JF