[pianotech] broken tuning pin

Isaac Sadigursky irs.pianos at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 28 12:22:57 MST 2010

Hi,Paul!
Those Russian pianos needed a special broken Tuning Pin Removal
tool,designed for #1 Tuning Pins,much smaller then USA-Schaff tool.
I have it and it made the "Root canal" job much easier.
Schaff T-handle Tool was my suggestion to Schaff.t-handle Pressure is
the only way to properly use that Removal Tool and for re-tapping
Agraffe Holes or Agraffe Installation or removal
I think,Jack is facing a similar problem.
Also,Russian and ,probably,Chinese steel [in their earlier pianos] was
much softer then typical USA or Japanese steel.
Hope,this info will help.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.
isaac
.