[pianotech] PTG Phone

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Tue Nov 30 16:26:51 MST 2010

So you're charging $200 a tuning???   $800 divided by 4=$200.  Where are you? NYC or LA?  Wow! My phone would never ring with that price! Of course, I'm in the midwest.  I give an elevated price as well, since I'm full time at UNL. I don't like to tune outside work except for music faculty and friends, so I keep it down to a local level.  Outside calls, however, get a huge price estimate, just so I don't have to do it. But, if they agree, then so be it.  It's not anywhere near 2 bills, though.

I have never had any problems with the PTG dues.  I love the people, I love the service from home office, and the magazine is: priceless! :>)

Just curious.

Paul

$800 worth of work isn't necessarily $200 per tuning. Included in that $800 is probably action regulation, repairs, some parts, etc.

As far as the amount of work I get from being in the PTG, let me put it this way. As the old adage says, advertising doesn't cost, it pays. The same goes for membership in the PTG. Don't think of it as an expense. Think of it as an investment in your income potential.  I should also include the expense of going to a seminar and convention. The income I earn from the additional information I learned has always been more than the expense of the convention. And doesn't even take into account the renewing of friendships, and the making of new ones. That alone is often worth the price of admission.

Wim