[pianotech] bridge notching machines - search-able title

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon Oct 18 23:50:05 MDT 2010

I think I understand, so you place the notch that's cut in the hold down
over the exact spot on the bridge where you want the notch cut?  So then
when the cutter is retracted you can look down on top of the bridge and see
the position of the hold down. But then am I correct you can't actually
watch it cut but have to rely on the stop?  Is there a reason that you
couldn't have the side of the hold down aligned with the side of the cutter
so that you could actually just position the edge of the hold down along the
front/back pin line and watch it cut in addition to having the stop?  Or do
you need the hold down straddling the cutter when it comes on to the bridge
for stability?  Any chance of a picture with a bridge held in place?

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com