[pianotech] alternate universe available - serious inquiries only

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Fri Oct 29 13:12:07 MDT 2010

On 10/29/2010 7:40 AM, John.Bartlett at sealedair.com wrote:
> I realize that the Vose upright is just another old piano,
I regularly tune an old Vose upright in good original condition
(sometimes the Pacific Northwest's climate practically acts like putting
something into a time capsule.)

This is a superior instrument! It's designed up to the eyeballs and full
of good stuff. It is incredibly stable, and the tone and regulation are
still excellent. I've told the church where it lives that if they ever
decide to get rid of it, I WANT IT!

I can't imagine anyone selling something like this for $15k, but if the
facts were known to potential buyers, a Vose upright in a reasonable
state of preservation ought to sell for a lot more than they probably do
now.

Susan Kline