[pianotech] Amazing Victorian uprights....was alternate...

wrlutzow ibetuner at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 30 12:54:29 MDT 2010

Dale:

I can really relate to your dream/illusion about the great old pianos that were made around the turn of the century. Your dream has been my dream.

I love those old pieces of American history and have alway thought it would be nice to have a business called the Great American Piano Co. your know 'Buy a Piece of American History'...a well restored, quality piece of functional history.

I have been tuning/repairing/rebuilding for about 11 years now and every time I bring this subject up I get shot down by the old timers saying nobody wants to buy that stuff and it's not worth following up on the idea...but then that's what dreams are all about. I'm almost 70 years old and if I were a little younger I might give it a go...and that includes getting my RPT certification.

Marketing has a lot to do with financial success and I really think there's a market out there if it could be captured. Folks with money will buy if you can grab their attention.

Thanks for boosting my dream dreams.

Wayne Lutzow
Twelve Tone Piano Service
Lincoln/Wallace, CA