[pianotech] billing dilemma with pitch raises

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sun Oct 31 07:49:39 MDT 2010

My basic fee is based on a set amount of time which is enough to do a pitch correction and tuning (it takes me about 40 minutes to tune a piano and an additional 15 minutes to do a first pass correction). If the piano doesn't need a pitch correction and I finish the tuning in 40 minutes then they get 20 minutes of "other stuff" whatever I deem necessary. If what the piano needs runs over my basic 1 hour structure then I charge based on time. Severe pitch corrections, therefore, might result in an additional charge.

Contrary to the frequent comments that we don't charge enough I think our bigger issue is that we aren't efficient enough.

Anyway, an outline of me fee structure is on my website.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com