[pianotech] hitch pin hole

Delwin D Fandrich del at fandrichpiano.com
Sat Dec 3 10:19:28 MST 2011

I haven't had it happen to me either but I've heard of it happening. Two
possible causes come to mind. You say it's an expensive grand so it probably
has a green-sand cast plate. Occasionally bits-as in very small clumps-of
sand break loose from somewhere and get into the casting. To me this seems
most likely. The other possibility is an internal gas (air) pocket. I'd
think you'd have discovered that the first time around, though.

ddf

Delwin D Fandrich

Piano Design & Fabrication

6939 Foothill Court SW, Olympia, Washington 98512 USA

Phone  360.515.0119 - Cell  360.388.6525

del at fandrichpiano.com  <mailto:del at fandrichpiano.com> - ddfandrich at gmail.com