[pianotech] hitch pin hole

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Sat Dec 3 19:48:56 MST 2011

Thanks for all the feed back, I will see the thing on Tuesday and we'll see what is going on.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
http://www.piano-tuners.org/edfoote/index.html

Ed,

As Del writes, very likely a gas pocket. If a larger pin iscollapsing again it will probably need to be a case of moving the pinto 'fresh pastures'.

Ron O.

I haven't had it happen to me eitherbut I've heard of it happening. Two possible causes come to mind.You say it's an expensive grand so it probably has a green-sand castplate. Occasionally bits-as in very small clumps-of sand breakloose from somewhere and get into the casting. To me this seems mostlikely. The other possibility is an internal gas (air) pocket. I'dthink you'd have discovered that the first time around,though.
ddf

Delwin D Fandrich