[pianotech] postponed list death

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Mon Dec 12 13:14:45 MST 2011

On 12/12/2011 12:58 PM, William Monroe wrote:
> No indeed.  In this case the old adage regarding what happens when you assume holds true, at least partly.
>
> If you always enter a conversation with the chip riding high on your shoulder you're likely never satisfied with what
> transpires.  Log on to PTG-L (all members should be there) and get informed.  If you care to be informed.  If you're
> "above all that political stuff" then stop whining about the political stuff.  Get involved or don't.
>
> I've nothing against you personally, Ron. Really. I'm just growing weary of all the complaints from folks who refuse
> to be on PTG-L because they don't want to be involved politically, yet don't hesitate to be as political in their
> commentary as anything seen on PTG-L.  The high road, in my opinion, goes through PTG-L and anyone who really cares
> and is willing to actually work toward a solution to their complaints, will roll up their sleeves and educate themselves.
>
> William R. Monroe
>

> On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 12:38 PM, Ron Koval <drwoodwind at hotmail.com <mailto:drwoodwind at hotmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     We got this:
>     ******************************************************
>
>     Perhaps you have not seen my recent post on PTG-L (found onmy.ptg.org  <http://my.ptg.org>)
>     regarding the postponed closing of the old list.
>

>     Jim Coleman, Jr  RPT
>     Pres/PTG
>
>     **********************************************************
>     Am I to assume that is the complete message to this list for those not on PTG-L?
>     Once again, the depth of information given is just breathtaking...
>
>     Ron Koval
>

> --
> William R. Monroe, RPT
> A440-William R. Monroe Piano Services, Inc.
> 314 E. Church St.
> Belleville, WI 53508
> 608-215-3250
> www.a440piano.net <http://www.a440piano.net>
William,

You remind me of a not so well known saying, that "the loudest and most noisiest wheel gets changed, instead of getting
the grease".

Lest you forget, that there are probably tons of people that literally hate and will never use the "new" system. That
being said, there is always: (a) the PTG group on Facebook (b) the list on Yahoo groups or (c) going to the Pianoworld
group.

Plus, as I recall, someone had stated to me, that even if there was a maintainer step up and take over the old list,
that option would be blocked.

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home&  Business user of Linux - 11 years