[pianotech] Ipad 2 for Piano Technician Business?

David Renaud drjazzca at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 20:24:36 MST 2011

Hello

   Yes , 64 gig.

    In the big picture it is cheap........
    Anything used daily, that daily saves time and money is cheap.
My cell phone and data together use to regularly be over 100 per month,
Now it's 43 a month. That is 720 per year in savings. Over a 4 year? life
Of the device almost $3000 in savings over past expenses.......pays for the
Devise plus perhaps some software....perhaps verituner will get added to the kit.

     I do like Tunelab......but after seeing how master exam tunings follow stringing
Scale, and the magnitude and pattern of  variations from a smooth cure, I sure
Am tempted by the concept of a machine that listens to all  partials,  fitting
each note's scaling and inharmonic  properties into calculations, instead of generating
An average curve from 5 sample notes, regardless of stringing scale.

     Tunelab is a wonderful tool. I've had it memorize many tweaked customized tunings
For my regular concert instruments. I wish verituner had a trial version......would have tried it
Long ago. I suspect I would like it.

       One of the things I like about Tunelab is it speaks my language. The graph shows deviations in cents from a pure 6:3 or 4:2 curve and I've learned what my favorite graphs look
Like. Another program uses stretch 3 or 4 or 5 etc., and that means nothing to me.....
Flatlining relative to a pure 6:3 curve with a little roll off in the lowest bass tells me something.

       I ramble........
       Love the technology, because it finally compliments the tuning, admin, maps, communication, In practical, meaningful, time saving ways in real time on the road.

                                     Cheers
                                      Dave Renaud

Sent from my iPad