[pianotech] Small computers

Tony Caught acaught at internode.on.net
Mon Dec 19 01:22:45 MST 2011

At 73 I've got to think about how long will I be tuning pianos. And, I hope
to say, at 83 I've got to think how long will I be tuning pianos for.

Sure my hearing started to drop of some time ago, but then again I am deaf
in one ear anyway. So I guess I have been using Tunelab on a laptop many
years ago. So OK I use the computer for writing invoices, keeping records
etc. But times change (so has the program) now I use a PDA with Tunelab on
it, cost a bit more but sooo convenient. Still use a computer to write bill
Etc. But. I am now thinking why should I carry a computer and a printer with
me so I can write bills out when I can print the bill out at home and just
take a piece of paper.

Have a couple of people that I am teaching how to tune etc and one of those
has opted to buy a Ipod Touch for $195 and Tunelab for $320.

These are tools, like a tuning hammer. Who is willing to pay $500 for a few
nice tools, I know that I am and age seems to have nothing to do with it. I
am getting close to buying a new phone, an Iphone ? uses tunelab, keeps my
appointments, sends bill by email and works as a phone to.

I have tried the New Tunelab on the Ipod and I think it works better than
the one I've got. Everything gets dated so fast that I have to say Buy the
latest to get the maximum use out of it but do it soon. You will be
surprised at how many of your customers think and say how much your tuning
has improved.

Want more ? just ask.

Tony

Tony Caught