[pianotech] Small computers

Roe Michaud jckrssllterrier at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 19 05:52:13 MST 2011

I have an iPhone 4, an ipod and a Ipad. I tune with a SAT III and love it. I like my Apple tools however I recently updated my Operating System on my phone to OS5 upon Apple prompting. During the update Apple continually reassured that my information was being backed up. Well at the end of the process my entire calendar and contact list has forever disappeared!! After much research online  I learned many many folks lost apps as well!!! That is reason number I won't use an app. I did have a paper backup thank goodness. But beware of technology, as great as it is there are kinks at times.
  One other concern that I'd like to throw out there is that if your customers who are techies see you using an Ipad app they may just think that they can download it and tune there own piano. Sure its $300 but after a few tunings they've recovered the cost. As traded piano technicians we know how much more is involved in a stable accurate tuning, not to mention voicing regulation and other services that we offer, but why risk loosing business?
I tune with a SAT III and have never had a single issue with it, the tunings are fabulous.

Seroe Michaud