[pianotech] Schaff carbon fiber tuning lever

Claude Harding charding88 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 19 13:29:47 MST 2011

I agree. The potential problem is at the tip.  This new Schaff lever looks
nice, but the "weakness" at the handle/head joint still remains.

That is where three shafts have eventually broken on my extension tuning
lever.  Retaining this feature does allow it to accept their other

lever accessories, which make sense.

  The unitized construction of the head and handle on my Charles Faulk lever
avoids the potential problem at that spot.

Others do the same.  By the way, I REALLY love my Faulk tuning lever; beauty
and function, a joy to use.

  Kudos, though, to Schaff for offering a new option to us, their customers.

Claude Harding

  _____