[pianotech] Yamaha GA1 Barely 10 years old Has Loose Tuning Pins- 2nd owner

Al Guecia/Allied PianoCraft alliedpianocraft at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 23 05:17:53 MST 2011

Mike,

I haven't had loose tuning pin issues on the GA1, but I can tell you it has the worst scale and tuning issues I have ever comes across.

I tune quite a few of them, but there is one tune for a Church (I can't believe a dealer would sell this piano to a church), that gets tuned every 3 months. The tenor break is always at least ±15 cents.

On the other hand, the Kawai GM-2 (small, inexpensive piano), is one of the most stable pianos that I tune. Go figure.

Al -
High Point, NC