[pianotech] adjusting grand shift spring

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 18:13:32 MST 2011

Hello list,

Does anyone have a picture of a tool that they use to adjust the tension on
Steinway action shift springs. I once saw a tool they use in the factory,
but Steinway doesn't sell it. It looked pretty simple - basically like a
flat, rectangular piece of metal with a slot that fit over the spring.
Before trying to make one I thought I'd see if anyone had figured out the
best design for this.

Ryan