[pianotech] Soundboard problem?

Horace Greeley hgreeley at sonic.net
Fri Dec 30 13:42:13 MST 2011

Hi, Ron,

At 11:28 AM 12/30/2011, you wrote:
>>I think I need to get the piano
>>owner in my shop, discuss the entire situation with her, then proceed
>>  with caution.
>
>I agree 120%, and the age of the piano doesn't warrant any degree of
>optimism whatsoever on the condition of the board. And that's the
>foundation.  Any work put on top of a dead soundboard will be
>wasted. and then it's too late.

Yup; and, in addition to plenty of discussion, there will also be a
very competently written contract agreed to and signed before
beginning work, right?

>  Not to put too fine an edge on it, but lipstick on the corpse
> won't produce an acceptable prom date. <G>

Hmmm...perhaps...have you heard the one about the young necrophiliac
who finally achieved his childhood dream of becoming
coroner?  (...with continuing thanks to Tom Lehrer).

Cheers!

Horace