[pianotech] Right Here, Right Now (was Stuff Which Should Really Be on PTG-L)

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 09:47:46 MDT 2011

Well the math isn't really all that complicated. Right now we operate the
convention on a budget based on around 600 registrants paying around $400 a
piece. That comes to around $240,000. We have just shy of 4000 members.
$240,000 so to have a dues increase cover that amount would come to about
$60 per member.

If we got REALLY excited and raised the dues $100 per year, we would have
$400,000 to work with, which would give us a far grander budget to work with
- meaning we COULD pay more of the instructors expenses AND make attendance
"free" for members.

Here are some other things to consider...

4000 members x $220 = $880,000
3750 members x $280 = 1,050,000
3500 members x $320 = 1,120,000

So even if a $100 dues increase caused us to loose 12.5% of our members
(extremely doubtful) our increased revenue would be around $240,000, which
is about what we run a convention on now.

Food for thought...

Ryan Sowers

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT