[pianotech] [OT] Right Here, Right Now (was Stuff Which Should Really Be on PTG-L)

Dale Probst dale at wardprobst.com
Fri Jul 1 10:31:13 MDT 2011

Ryan,

Based on what happened with prior smaller increases of $10-$20, I'd say your
numbers are off. Raise dues $100 and you'd lose about half of the Associate
members and one fourth to one third of the RPT members. You'd end up around
2,500 times $320 equals $800,000, a little less than what we collect now.
We'd need to raise it another $100-$150 to make up the convention difference
because that would cause more drops.
So double the dues,end up with half or less of the membership, fire some of
the staff, downsize the Journal, have smaller conventions, hey sounds like a
plan.

DP
Dale Probst RPT
Registered Piano Technician