[pianotech] [OT] Stuff Which Should Really Be on PTG-L

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Sat Jul 2 15:35:17 MDT 2011

I have been asking myself the same question about the Member Max integration
thing.  I just don't see how important it is to the list users except in the
most limited way (and I cannot figure out what that would even be).

I'll answer Ron's question.  The Pianotech Forum does not require Member
Max.  That much is obvious, because no such integration existed for the last
15 years and we functioned pretty well without it.  Perhaps the home office
sees a utility in that integration, but no one has explained that to us yet,
and the value would only be for their use and not ours.  I think it is fair
to say that the Pianotech Forum exists primarily for the users - otherwise
why have it at all?   If the Pianotech Forum exists primarlly for the users,
then if we are establishing a hierarchy of values, what would be the more
important value - meeting the users needs and encouraging usage by having
the best possible e-mail server (one that is easy to use and simple, a
measure by which the HL fails compared to even the old list) or meeting some
narrow administrative desire for the home office.   If the users are truly
valued, it is obvious which answer suits us.

Will