[pianotech] Hardware part...don't know the name

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 12 18:19:34 MDT 2011

Gary said: "Yamaha C3, when screwing the leg bolt on, it goes up into a
round piece
of metal with a threaded hole situated in the keybed.
I need one, but don't know the name. Hope my description makes sense; I
should get with the 21st century and get a phone with a camera.
thanks all,"

gary,
A couple of names come to mind: 1. "T" Nut  2. Rosan. Both are made to be
inserted into wood, thus providing a mechanical, (metal), thread (female),
for attaching something to the main body. Having said all that, I suspect
that Yamaha, (aka Asian) Manufacturers, probably have a different name.<G>
Hmmm? Just checked my Watanabe Musical Instrument catalogue...not listed.
Have fun with that one.<G>
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police