[pianotech] Echo Issue

Greg Newell gnewell at ameritech.net
Tue Mar 1 11:07:24 MST 2011

Matthew,

                It seems to me that someone tried cleaning something and
left a residue behind. I wonder if replacing the felt and cleaning the
affected area of the string with brake cleaner would help. I’ve never tried
brake cleaner on wound strings so I don’t know what the effect might be. Any
know?

Greg Newell

Greg's Piano Forté

www.gregspianoforte.com