[pianotech] Echo Issue

Don Mannino donmannino at ca.rr.com
Wed Mar 2 00:36:51 MST 2011

Wow, what a leap of logic..  One piano has the problem, so Kawai is no
longer a reliable source for good quality parts?  Maybe that's not what was
intended by this post, but that how it reads to me.  With the many thousands
of pianos that have NOT had this problem, and considering that this piano is
25 or more years old, it doesn't seem that blaming the manufacturer is a
very reasonable conclusion.

Besides the gunk on the strings, the ringing problem can be caused by the
dampers being mounted too low.  So a little experimentation with locating
the new dampers would be a good idea.

Don Mannino