[pianotech] New location for archives?

Ron Berry ron at berrypiano.com
Tue Mar 1 14:18:51 MST 2011

Andy has been our server administrator for years but he does not have
anything to do with this new site other than help us getting things moved
over. The Board has contract with two companies which have ptg.org and
my.ptg.org. Your issue with Google translate is important because it is one
of the larger elements on the page. I just logged in from a McDonalds and it
took about 8 seconds to get the page up. We have actually had more slowness
with my.ptg.org logging in to begin with. The server issues now are dealt
with by the companies that run these services.

My suggestion to run a javascript blocker actually won't work because it
blocks being able to post on my.ptg.org. I run NoScript and Not Script all
the time and only allow pages I trust. Javascript is a large security issue
for web sites that you don't know.

We added the Google translate because we are trying to be more international
and not English only.

If you continue to have issues with the site loading contact me directly at
ron at berrypiano.com.

--
Ronald Berry Piano Service
ron at berrypiano.com