[pianotech] New location for archives?

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Tue Mar 1 16:15:14 MST 2011

Well .................. I'm sure - nobody - will listen to me - even
though - the facts and statistics are - not - heard to find.

First, use Linux as your webserver platform

- - - - FACT - only 80+% of servers in the world on on Linux

- - - - FACT - Microsoft frontends their Windows Servers with - yes -
you guessed it - Linux boxes - to fight viruses

Second, use as little of javascript as possible

- - - - EVERY SCRIPT HAS TO BE DOWNLOADED AND INTERPRETED BY YOUR
BROWSER BEFORE IT CAN BE EXECUTED.

Third, based on looking at the source code - which all of you can do too
- currently almost every menu function is executing some sort of javascript

- - - - NOW GO BACK TO THE PREVIOUS POINT

- - - - OOPS - NOW YOU ARE IN A VERY TIGHT LOOP BETWEEN "FUNCTION" AND
"EXECUTION"

- - - - THUS CAUSING RANDOM AND MULTIPLE WAIT TIMES AND HESITATIONS

Fourth and Final, since the software that is in use, that developed the
website "MemberMax" does appear to support Linux

FWIW, my website and shopping cart is on a - Linux - host

Duaine

On 03/01/2011 03:02 PM, Paul T Williams wrote:
> Boy, Duaine, you're an impatient one, aren't you.  By now, you should
> know that new web configurations need a bit of tweeking to get it to
> work.
>
> So why not join the PTG and help out the main office web construction
> dept??  You seem to know it all about computer web sites! ;>)
>
> Be patient!
>
> Paul --
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
Tuning, Servicing & Rebuilding
Reed Organ Society Member
Florissant, MO 63034
(314) 838-5587
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home & Business user of Linux - 11 years