[pianotech] unusual tuning fork/WWV

Larry Fisher RPT larryf at pacifier.com
Wed Mar 2 12:17:01 MST 2011

Well, Ken, I just looked it up and wouldn’t ya know, it’s A440.  I found a page using WWV as the search term.  1000 cps would be a very logical guess.

Soooo, by golly, all this is indeed related to piano work after all.  This means you can check your A440 fork to the National Bureau of Standards by tuning in to a number of frequencies across the spectrum  ......  finding the radio to do that is the trick.