[pianotech] Keyblock/frame bedding problem

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 13:26:23 MST 2011

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Daniel Carlton
<carltonpiano at sbcglobal.net>wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> Working on a Kawai GE-1, bedding the keyframe. There are about 2-3 mms
> between the keyframe guide pin and the plastic keyblock plate, so there's
> definitely knocking and I can lift the frame about 2-3 mms with the blocks
> screwed in.
>
> I can't lower the plate and I don't want to bend the pin.
>
> Am I overlooking something?
>
> Daniel

I'm certainly no an expert on this -- at all. However, I recently had what
sounds like your situation. Shimmed up the front of the stack. The stack was
causing the keyframe to twist, pulling the treble side up. It helped that I
had read about this on Pianotech and happened to remember it. Thanks to Ed
Foote, as I recall.

--
JF