[pianotech] Black felt

Fred Brown RPT thepianoman at comcast.net
Fri Mar 4 03:46:23 MST 2011

Does anyone know of supply house that sells black felt? I have a piano
customer that insists on locating piano between supply and intake registers
and I am having problem with major pitch swings. I have given her an
inexpensive cover that frequently isn't put on all the way (exposing the
seam between the lid the rim). I am thinking of putting a piece of black
felt between the lid and the rim to offer some sort of seal. Piano is 7'
Bosey with a couple of DC rods and an undercover.

Any help much appreciated.

Fred Brown RPT

ATL GA