[pianotech] Gerb. Schulz (model185) serial#41236

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Sun Mar 6 20:58:54 MST 2011

Bob

You have two different spellings on the name:  Schulz  and Shutz. There is a difference.
There are many variations of Schultz, Schultze, Schutze, etc. So make sure you have the exact spelling.
In Chicago there was a Otto Schulz, which, according to the serial number, would have put this piano at about 1909.
There is a Schutz, A & Co. in Brieg Germany, (I don't know where that is, but maybe Jurgen will know). But no dates were given.

(all this information was found in the Atlas, which I presume you have.)

Wim