[pianotech] Young Chang service response for brackets

Douglas Gregg classicpianodoc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 20:03:31 MST 2011

Sorry for the delay. Been busy and I only get the digest.

The e-mail with detailed instructions on what photos were needed etc.
did say that Young Chang will pay up to $300 for regulation as needed
(and if needed) depending on whether it had been re-regulated while
the brackets were "growing".  The invoice had to be very specific on
the work done. They were not paying for a full concert regulation or
any work not specifically required to correct the bracket problem-ie
hammer filing etc. All of this did come from John Chang's e-mail
address just a few weeks ago with his name at the bottom. His demise
might be exaggerated.

If they do pay for the repair, and respond in a timely manner, that
will be great. I will call Sam tomorrow. Thanks for the phone number
and responses from all who answered my plea.

I have another Young Chang to do now for our library.  I thought I
would wait and see how this one goes first. It is a 1991 but not too
bad yet, though it is early in the years of bad brackets-90-94. Hmmm.

Doug Gregg
Classic Piano Doc