[pianotech] Email Lists and Websites

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Wed Mar 9 07:32:54 MST 2011

At 06:16 -0500 09/03/2011, Allan Gilreath, RPT wrote:

>List members,
>
>[ much self-centred stuff]
>
>Much input was sought from numerous individuals around the country,
>both list users and those who don't.

Please give us a list of current active contributors to the list that
you have consulted and who were favourable to your project.  I have
not seen one of them speak up so far.  Comments on your fait accompli
have been universally contrary.

>However, the recent lack of courtesy, respect or kindness have been
>overwhelming.   Some of the language used has been totally
>inappropriate and I'm ashamed to see it on what is supposed to be a
>professional discussion.  Little <grins> and such don't make up for
>cutting comments.  When comments such as those that have come across
>this list occur, they undermine that fabric of those to or about
>whom they're directed and also reflect very poorly on those who make
>them. The mob mentality that develops sometimes is a very negative
>aspect.

You certainly have an almighty nerve! and I'm sure I'm not the only
reader of your message that finds your accusation of 'mob mentality'
extremely insulting.

Amid all the self-righteous, sentimental and irrelevant content of
your message there is not the slightest hint that you accept you
might have made a mistake, not the flicker of a realization that
_everybody_ who has commented on your decisions has been against them.

All this talk of hours of dedicated work on the list is pure humbug.
This list is not moderated and therefore would require ZERO
administration, at least if it were running using LISTSERV software.

<http://www.lsoft.com/products/listserv.asp>

I suggest members of the list view the demo at the above site to see
how LISTSERV out of the box can do all that's needed.

You get no little grins from me, just plain cutting, disgraceful,
unkind, undermining, inappropriate plain speaking.

JD