[pianotech] New Format

Mr. Mac's tune-repair at allegiance.tv
Wed Mar 9 12:07:54 MST 2011

On Mar 9, 2011, at 12:45 PM, Ryan Sowers wrote:

> We all know who the "big names" are on the ptg pianotech list.
> We read their posts on a daily basis and have for well over a decade.
> You could fill a book with their posts at this point. Off the top of my head I would list:
>
> Del Fandrich
> Ron Nossaman
> Dale Erwin
> Susan Kline
> Joe Garrett
> David Love
> David Andersen

That makes seven. And Ryan, I've read the majority of the posts since 1995, and those seven do not constitute
    the majority of posts that have been submitted on the Pianotech List since that time.

> It is obvious from their posts that they were not involved in the "upgrade". …

So, you submit that what should be determined as to the outcome
   of the entire older concept of the Pianotech List should be determined on the basis of these seven individuals
   as opposed to the general membership of 4000 give or take?

> I suppose you could tally up who has posted the most material on the list over the past 15 years and see how it comes out.

I suppose I could, but why should I. However, I suppose if you did, I feel certain that you would be
    quite surprised has to the actually number of contributions by some of these individuals
   you mention in relationship to volume of others who have contributed to the Pianotech List since 1995.

> Kieth, just to be clear about "stirring the pot", I volunteer countess hours to this organization. I've served as an officer and delegate for my chapter numerous times, I'm an active CTE and have spent many hours in exam rooms, I've served as president of the Pacific Northwest Conference, and participated in the meetings for WESTPAC and am currently Director of the 2012 PTG institute in Bellevue Wa (I hope you all attend <G>).

It is good to know of your participation in the Piano Technicians Guild's current activities,
   which far surpasses my involvement since 1983 by a long shot. So, I thank you and appreciate you
   for those countless hours of service.
Quite frankly, some of those areas you mention I am not competent to participate in.

I still maintain that your top ten (seven off the top of your head)
    do not constitute the best interests of the Piano Technicians Guild
    and its current membership.

Sincerely,

Keith McGavern

PS - I like the "eat the stew" part  :-)