[pianotech] list changes - a lot bigger than the lists

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 10 00:24:03 MST 2011

Israel said:
"PTG members have been testing the
various functionalities of this
configuration for months - of that I am
aware.
Hmmm? How is it you are knowledgable about this "testing" and the rest of us were not?
Second question: What "PTG Members"?? (Ron Berry and Co.? or...regular List members? Inquiring minds need to know!<G>)

 Obviously, they did not find all
the configuration bugs. Perhaps there
are capabilities that could be added to
the system in response to the
suggestions and complaints from this
list. Perhaps it would involve
additional costs.
Gee! Ya Think????

 Read very carefully
Paul Brown's post - this is a work in
progress. Which is why these e-mail
lists are not being taken off line yet.
I suspect that many of the problems are
because the PTG - as usual - is trying
to do this on the cheap, and a rather
low level of support is available from
the pros - the price for full support is
probably prohibitive... So getting it
all sorted out will likely take some
time...
IF EVER! I have a real problem with the fact that PTG went "Off Site" to get this thing off the ground and into our 'puters. Considering the lifespan of such companies, that scares the hell out of me!

When I asked the PTG President
and executive Director at WestPac (at a
special information session) about
something that was of concern to me -
they did not know. They will have to
check.The same most likely goes for your
inquiries...
Most definately! None of my main questions have been answered...and I suspect never will be. We have heard a whole lot of gobbledegook, but little with substance, IMO. And, NO, Israel, I am not casting dispersions on any one individual. In fact, I have been trying to contain myself and be respectful to all concerned. I know this is a trying time for all who have instigated this and for those who HAVE to work with the new system, i.e. the H.O. Staff. To them, they have my deepest sympathy.

 I guess we don't have an IT
person from the supplier living in the
Home Office to immediately address all
of everyone's concerns...

That must mean that the Company really doesn't give a rat's tush, since they get paid wether the users understand and use the system or not. Makes no difference to them. My main reason for disliking the current situation.
Regards,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police