[pianotech] Keytop Replacement In The Field

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Thu Mar 10 13:07:16 MST 2011

Terry

The main problem with keytop replacement is the color. But if it's a relatively new piano, that shouldn't be a problem.

Obviously you'll need to remove the key from the frame, and do some trimming by hand. I would suggest either super glue, or contact cement.

The AcrillyKey instructions should give you a time frame. It's been a while since I've done one, but I recall you can finish the job within half an hour.

Wim