[pianotech] Drilled capo bars

John Ross jrpiano at eastlink.ca
Thu Mar 10 13:40:21 MST 2011

The Heintzman pianos from Canada had such a system, they called it the agraffe bridge, patented, I think in 1896.
They continued to use the system, till their demise in the 1970's.
It was only in their high end uprights, as the entry level pianos still just had the bar.
John Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia