[pianotech] Hmmm?

Jim Moy jim at moypiano.com
Fri Mar 11 13:04:50 MST 2011

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 10:06 AM, Mike Spalding
<mike.spalding1 at frontier.com> wrote:
> Of Course!  I should have known that "PDA" was an abbreviation for "post and
> receive via my desk-top e-mail client".

Yes, that's quite a reach.

When I try to jump into the mind of the software developer that did
this, I think the assumption is that if you're "home" and at your
desktop computer, you would use the browser interface and not email.
And since the traditional web browsing experience on PDAs is so bad
(as of only a few years ago), they had to provide some other way of
interacting, and so provided the email input method to get replies
onto the Discussion.

Kudos to Steve and others who unearthed this feature!

Jim