[pianotech] Thanks Israel

Nicholas Gravagne ngravagne at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 19:17:48 MST 2011

Israel,

First of all, good to see you recently at WESTPAC 1. You are an asset
to our little world.

Now, let me respond to your posts, specifically:

1) Your posts in support of a beleaguered Alan Gilreath, a
turbo-charged guy whose big heart is only surpassed by his even bigger
drive for not only PTG, but for many different life forms on this
planet. If Alan's mistake was that he simply imagined his zeal for
this project, along with what he imagined would be benefits "too
obvious to miss", then can we say that far greater crimes have been
committed in this century. Some on this list may argue about the
severity of Alan's crimes, but all I can say is that for some strange
reason I have not lost any sleep. Not that I haven't tried to lose
sleep over this amazing fiasco, but I just can't. I'm sleeping like a
baby. Also, some on this list complaining the loudest, and with what
seems to be legitimate gripes, I nonetheless hold in high regard and
will continue to do so. Dust settles as do family squabbles. I can
remember making one mistake in my life (only one of course) and that
mistake was realizing that a mistake I thought I had made I had not
actually made (read that one again).

2) Your apologetic defense and explanation of the manifold issues
surrounding the launching of this new vessel has been an eye-opener
for me. Oh, if only a prior and formal statement had been made
outlining the problems that needed correcting, the dwindling
resources, the burned-out volunteers, and on and on as you have so
patiently posted. I have read of your frustration, anger even, but all
in all you have held a steady compass. Some folks are annoyed at you
and you at some folks. This too shall pass; and for those who can't
let go, time to get a new life, breath to the bottom of you lungs and
know that when you rise in the morning you still have the greatest
gift of all.

You see, I am on my second glass of Merlot, I am baking bread, I am
cooking a potato and onion and pepper concoction in virgin olive oil
and the house smells like "to die for"; on the side is a green salad
with croutons and honey mustard followed by crackers and salsa, and I
wish you all could come over and break bread. (Spreeman, if you're
reading this, stop drooling; we will do this together, promise). And
to some of you, holler if you want, shake a fist at heaven, shout in
expletive-deletions, brag about how much better things would be if you
were in charge, but I bet you will be laughing and chowing down before
the first three stars can be seen in the blackening sky. I value you
all.You are all different; some of you (us) are weird.

Israel, I have followed your advice, and those of others, and am
learning to navigate the new ocean by a different sextant. Thanks
again!

Now I am going to send this out. I will wake in the morning and wonder
"what have I done?"

We will survive this little wrinkle, eh folks?

Respectfully,
--
Nick Gravagne, RPT
AST Mechanical Engineering