[pianotech] A new Pianotech list that works

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Mar 12 09:45:49 MST 2011

On 3/12/2011 9:48 AM, Paul McCloud wrote:

> The bottom line is, some people on the list are going to be reluctant to
> share what they know because it's too time-consuming to do it.

Judging from the number of 500+ word posts, I seriously doubt the time
consumption is the true problem. In my case, it's having to fight what
appears to me to be a nowhere near ready-for-market system, written by
inexperienced people and not realistically (at all?) beta tested before
marketing. For those people who like the old adventure games, where the
secret of getting past the Flatu-gax at the end is having eaten the blue
rock and sticking the candle in your left ear at the beginning, this
thing is perfect. For those who don't care for guessing at the magic
words that make negotiating with a virtual 14 year old who decides by no
apparent criteria what you can and can't do, it's very annoying.

If this were software I'd bought, based on what was printed on the box
(since I sure wouldn't expect any user accolades or stunning reviews) It
would be deep in the trash by now, and I'd be looking for something
functional.

> I just hope that we get this straightened out, fast.

I visualize a dog walker, with two Irish Wolfhounds, a Boxer, a Basset,
a Chihuahua, two Pomeranians, a three toe'd sloth, and a terrorist in a
dog disguise crossing a busy intersection against the light. That's us,
there in the middle.

Unless the supplier is deep into a "ground up" rewrite and
reorganization, I'd be very surprised if this ever proves to be workable.

Ron N