[pianotech] brass look finish

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Sat Mar 12 12:25:42 MST 2011

At 19:04 +0000 12/03/2011, Barbara Richmond wrote:

>...Is there such as thing as a spray can finish or wipe on (not
>those opaque spray paint things) that would give the look of brass?

Over here, and presumable over there, there are spray can that give a
very convincing look of shiny brass.  A colleague of mine used it
even on metal frames to great effect.  I used it once but neglected
to overcoat it with clear lacquer and it quite quickly tarnished, but
with a clear coat to protect it I think it is fine -- if you like
that sort of thing!

JD