[pianotech] A new Pianotech list that works

Jim Moy jim at moypiano.com
Sat Mar 12 14:39:50 MST 2011

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 10:12 AM, John Delacour <JD at pianomaker.co.uk> wrote:
> Anyone can read the messages on the web without needing a gmail account, but
> if you want to post from the web interface I think you need a gmail account,
> which is a very useful thing to have and free for all.

I think you don't need a Gmail account, you need a Google account. The
difference is subtle, in the latter you create one associated with
your own email address that is not a Gmail address. They'll give you a
Gmail address, of course, but you don't have to use the Gmail system
in order to have a Google account and take advantage of their
services.

Jim