[pianotech] Yamaha polyester finish.

Ray Dellinger raya440 at aol.com
Sun Mar 13 13:28:25 MDT 2011

Hello guys,
  I have a customer who recently bought a Yamaha C3 grand with polyester finish. The instrument is about three years old. The problem is, the piano had a few smudges on the case and the guy sprayed it down with 409 cleaner and wiped it down with terry cloth. Well, his C3 now has a flat black finish. He calls me after the damage is done. I am a 42 year second generation tuner/tech veteran. I was an RPT for several years. I founded the Palmetto Chapter in South Carolina with the help of Marshall Hawkins who was Southeast Regional vice president at that time. Anyway, do any of you have any ideas on restoring the gloss to the finish of this piano? I'd really appreciate anything you can come up with.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                Many thanks,
                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Ray Dellinger
                                                                                                                                                                                                                 raya440 at aol.com