[pianotech] Starting a new thread directly from your email

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon Mar 14 12:47:13 MDT 2011

So are people aware that you can start a new thread without going to the
website by simply sending your email to ptg_pianotechne at egroups.ptg.org.
(there's an underscore between ptg and pianotechne in case it doesn't show
up that way). Type in your subject heading as you would normally and it
simply gets picked up by the system and posted.  That basically means you
can operate pretty much outside the website if you choose to, much like the
old system.  I was not aware of this until I just tried it.

The same theory would apply to any one of the discussion groups based on how
they are named for example to post to caut discussion group would be
ptg_cautne at egroups.ptg.org. I've tried to post this to multiple groups
(Pianotech and Caut both) to see if this works.

Notification settings should be PDA and Text.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com