[pianotech] Clickety clack

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 06:25:38 MDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 10:14 PM, Joe Goss <imatunr at srvinet.com> wrote:

>  Awhile back someone mentioned a click they could not find.
> Today I found a new one for me. Only the sharps.
> It was caused by?
> Joe Goss BSMusEd MMusEd RPT
> imatunr at srvinet.com
> www.mothergoosetools.com
>

> I've seen (heard) only the sharps click when the key upstop is warped, or
out of its normal place for some other reason. The back edge of the sharps
hit the wood of the upstop upon key return. It's not in the keystick, but
the sharp itself that causes the noise.

As others have mentioned, it could also click on the fallboard of a grand
... for various reasons.

--
John Formsma, RPT
Blue Mountain, MS